Sunday, July 02, 2006

People

one thing that my mom has been telling me alot lately is how loyal of a friend I am. and I guess I am. I mean, when I say I'm going to do something, I'm going to do it. And, If you call me your friend, then you are mine, and I will stick beside you through everything. But what I don't get is how I can put so much into so many relationships, into so many people, and get nothing back.
I've only asked like three things of someone over the years, and they have never followed through. All I wanted was for them to come to my grad party, even for like 10 minutes, and they couldn't even do that. Even after all the nights I'd spent talking to them about the 'important' stuff.
Or then there is this guy, who picked me up and dropped me within a week. I dunno, when I like a guy, its for a good long time, at least 6 months.
I dunno. people are so confusing. and Iget so frustrated when people aren't the same as I am. When they don't see things the way I see them. Its hard to think that people don't see the world through the same eyes I do, because of the experiences they have had.
Its so wierd to think that the people you grow up with aren't the same little kids that they used to be. I mean, I expect people to understand that I myself have grown up, but expect so many others to be the same as they were when we were 10. which doesn't work. at all. I guess thats just another flaw of humanity, itsn't it? that we cannot, and will never completely understand the exact position of another, because our experiences are so different, even when they are similar.
so then what makes us like some people, and not like others? is it our opinions that have been shaped by our experiences, which we theoretically have no say in? or can we control that? I mean, you have the choice of judging someone or not, right? so then by liking/not liking someone, are you not judging them? but you can't like everyone, can you?
but the real question is, how come not everyone likes to dance? and if I asked you to dance with me, would you?

sweet dreams,
Laurel

1 Comments:

At 12:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd definately dance with you dear, haha sorry i know you're not refering to me, but i'd do it: ) luv ya!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home