Thursday, June 29, 2006

The First Day of the Rest of my Life

I wish he just asked me to dance
I wish I laughed instead of yelled
I wish I went out every saturday night
I wish I learned how to skateboard when it was cool
I wish I had stayed at the dinner table just 10 minutes longer
I wish you held my hand
I wish I had enjoyed more suckers
I wish you colored a picture for me
I wish I picked wild flowers for someone
I wish I greeted you with a hug
I wish I had baked you cookies
I wish I learned how to mow the lawn
I wish I called everyone I said I would
I wish I went to all of those partys
I wish I sang louder and danced crazier
I wish I cried in all of those movies

Today was the first day of the rest of my life. and well... there is so much I wish I had done, so much I could have done. and there is still so much I am afraid of, including the dark. I'm scared I won't live life the way it should be lived, and experience each moment as it deserves. I'm scared of not having my family around me. I'm scared of not having any friends. I'm scared of being self-sufficient. I'm scared of being grumpy and miserable. being grown up is not as fun as I had imagined. but then again, I have only experienced one day.
Laurel

1 Comments:

At 10:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

you'll do great, i promise. and one day, you may even look back and wonder how the heck you were ever able to live with someone always cleaning up after you and doing your laundry. tiss truely only the beginning.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home