Sunday, April 16, 2006

The DaVinci Code

So, as an easter gift, I finally got what I've been begging my parents to buy me- The DaVinci Code. Something like this, I had to know what all the fuss is about, and in less than 24 hours, I have read a good 2/3 of the book, perhaps closer to 3/4. (yes I really am a geek, I can't help it)
but what I don't understand, is why hasn't this shooken the christian community more than it has, I mean Harry Potter had us in an uproar, banning it from schools and everything, but this book shakes up the very core of Christian values, especially that of the Roman Catholic denomonation (who were the ones that were so riled up about our dear freind Harry), but I have hardly heard a thing about it. I am no less than intrigued with what the christian community thinks about this book, and why there has been a rather dull roar about the book and its contents. Its not a new concept of Jesus being married. ...I just wonder what the major conception of this book, and how many people have actually read it before juding it.
I have to say that I am really enjoying it. It is VERY well written and reserched, and I can't wait to find out how it ends.
anyways... enough of my dorky talk...
sweet dreams
Laurel

1 Comments:

At 10:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i hate to tell you this... but it did shake up the Christian community huge! it just didn't shake up the catholic school board like harry potter did... so alot of the people in saskatoon didn't hear about it... mostly the conversations took place within Bible colleges and within churchs with enough courage to bring it up...

but don't worry about it... the book is completely fiction... it's found in the fiction section... and if anybody tries to argue with that... tell them they are stupid... lol

 

Post a Comment

<< Home