Friday, April 14, 2006

Good friday...

what an interesting way to start the morning....
my alrarm goes off to get me up to go to church. but I hesitate, and lay in bed an extra 10 minutes. but I hear a voice that isn't my moms. sounds like its on the answering machine. so something must be up. I can't be the only one home. so I figure I should get up. Well dad and Nathan are sleeping and my mom is in the bathroom. But the voice on the answering machine? is Francis, my mom's cousin. Letting us know that my great uncle Hearald won't make it though the day, and that she (herself) has terminal cancer. wow.
Its not like I know either of these people really well. but my family is unique, in that I know a lot of my extended family. like, I remember going to Uncle Harold's and being bored out of my mind, and so he brought me a chocolate bar. his favorite kind. (I don't remember exactly what it was, but you get the drift). But my mom on the other hand... today will be one of those days when I need to sit next to her in church.
so with that, I need to go and shower, and get dressed.
God bless,
may today be a day of remembering,
and please don't forget what HE did for you,
Laurel

1 Comments:

At 1:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

give mom a hug for me eh?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home