Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Friends Forever

So on sunday Dwayne Barkman preached on Friendship, and evidently, its been something thats weighed heavily on my heart so far this week. I mean, what makes a friend? where's the line between aquaintance and friend? when does it become MORE than a friend? And can you just quit being someone's friend? I don't really know.
So I'm pondering the friendships that I do have, and how I value them, and if I am the same person with every single one of my friends. because its so easy to change when you are with different people.
Its hard to study friendships, and to think about where they are going.... especially when I'm leaving in 5 1/2 months. I mean, with Ashley, I will never ever quit doing what I do to be her friend, I won't quit giving, and I won't quit taking (I guess thats a key part of friendship... being able to give AND take), I won't quit laughing with her or talking with her about the seemingly important things of the day.
I dunno. and then I think about the other friendships I have, the ones I value so so much... and I know that I have to keep in touch. but then those other ones... the Friendships that have so much potential... how far do I pursue them?
I don't know.
hm. and then lost friendships. Some of them make my heart ache. There are so many times when I've done something stupid, said something so wrong... most of my friends are gracious to forgive me and move on... but those ones that don't.... were they even worth my time? my tears? I think so. I think that the time I put into everyone I meet is worth it. no matter what. so I guess that answers the previous question... that I need to put all I can into every friendship no matter what happens, right? sure there may be tears in the end, but what happens while I am here, or while whatever it is lasts... is better than being left standing asking the unaswerable, unavoidable 'what if?'
still in much thought,
Laurel
sweet dreams
may all of your friends love you as much as you love them

1 Comments:

At 11:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

believe me...keeping friendships after leaving and starting a new/diff part of your life is SO difficult, but if you want to keep a friendship...you can. ne of mine that have drifted and arent the same nemore is only because neither put in the effort, but then i have a few that have still lasted for like the three years after i left and grew even more. its a conscious thing you have to make everyday. I am so excited for you Laurel to start this new part of your life: )

 

Post a Comment

<< Home