Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Rather than blubbering about the petty things in my life... I will tell you a couple of cool stories! how does that sound? good? good.

So, yesterday, I woke up, and had a shower, and surprisingly I had an extra 10 minutes before I had to go to school, so, I picked up my bible for some morning Devos. I've been reading in 1 Coninthians, and well.... the passage I read yesterday I wasn't so pleased with, in fact, I totally questioned it. After school, I went to get some homework printed downtown, and went With Erinn and Thaniel, on the way back, we got into a descussion about God/Christianity, and thats when I realized exactly why I had ten extra minutes in the morning, and read that exact passage. You see, Thaniel was talking about his doubts, and the questions he had about christianity, and because of my morning devos, I was able to relate to him in that way, that even still, after how many years of being a christian, I still have my questions, and doubts, and don't agree with everything that I read in the bible. I thought it was really cool how God orchasrated that yesterday.

mmmm, and I've been thinking lately... about sleep. Its such a funny thing, ya know.... you NEED sleep in order to live, its proven, but going to sleep is such a dependant and faithful thing, because you have NO control over what happens while you sleep and if you wake up. See, thats another thing I don't understand nonbelievers have such faith in. Because, if you dont' believe in a higher power, especially a loving God, how can you fall asleep at night knowing for certian that you will wake up in the morning? I dunno. this baffles me.

anyways.. this has been too long already, cuz I need to shower and go to bed.

sweet dreams,
may tommorow be filled with Joy,
Laurel

1 Comments:

At 10:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i agree...kudos for actually using that time and not just blowing it off. i just bought Thaniel " the case for Faith" :D im giving it to him tomorrow..its a surprise!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home