Wednesday, December 21, 2005

I was thinking...

The other night, as I fell asleep, I was thinking about something.... What are the chances, that out of all of the people in the world, there is someone for everyone? that out of all of the people, someone who you are in love with is also in love with you? that EVERYONE has someone? like, what are the chances, that I will find someone who feels the same way about me that I feel about them? honestly, if there is a reason to believe in a higher power who has a plan for you life, I'd say that right there has gotta be proof.
I don't know if I"m making any sense at all.. but hey... thats what I was thinking about.

And right now? If I had a nickel for every time I was supposed to do homework, and didn't, I'd be rich. Right now, I'm sitting here, listening to REliant K and eating Mini wheats right from the box.

What if....
no one was afraid to show who they really are, or what they like to do, or what they are good at? imagine the talent, the indeviduals that would pop up! imagine how walking down the street would be SO different, because I think we all fall subject to society's 'peer pressure', and follow treands, ignore talents to seem humble, and do what everyone else does so that we look cool. honeslty... If I wasn't afraid of what others thought of me, I would have THE ugliest hair in the world, and wear my old jeans with holes in them EVERY day. boy, would I ever be a bum. but hey... thats what I'd do.

ok... so I'm off to do some homework.

I DO blelieve in Fairies,
Laurel

5 Comments:

At 4:14 PM, Blogger steph said...

AUGH! laurel im so sorry i didnt call you!! I didnt have time and when i did i couldnt find your number....well i couldnt anyways. Cause the only car i had was a standard
sorry!

 
At 8:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well... there is a funny thing that you would bring up the apostle Paul... he would have been married at one point because it would have been impossible for him to be a high level pharisee like he was without him being married at some point... more likely his wife died and he never remarried... so your argument that paul was called to be single doesn't really apply... he just ended up single...

 
At 12:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ahhh... see Saul was a pharisee... that is a well known fact... and even though he had his conversion and became Paul that does not change the fact that at one time he was a pharisee... he even makes the claim himself in Acts 23:6... which is after his conversion to Paul... and does not change that to be such a high level one he had to be married at one point... but i do agree... after his converstion there is no mention of him being married...

however you've changed your argument... now you are saying that "I just used him as an example of someone who lived the single life while he was in his ministry" which is completely different than saying that "Sometimes people are called to be single.(like the apostle Paul)"... yes Paul ended up being called to be single... but chances are that is because his wife died... which is completely circumstantial... chances are if my wife dies i will end up being "called" to be single too... for i can't imagine the pain of loss... and then trying to replace the love that had been recieved...

plus the fact that Paul would have been significantly older than the girls that were unmarried... and perhaps the thought of marrying a 14 year old was disgusting to him... who knows?

 
At 12:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I bring this up because of how most people blanket the fact that Paul was single... when in fact chnaces are very good that he was married at one point and was a widower.

And yes i do remember the "Road to Damascus"... i spent about two weeks studying it in bible college

 
At 5:54 PM, Blogger Laurel said...

Good. its about time. Thank you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home