Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Angels

Today was such a good day. I had THE BEST devos of my LIFE. you see... last night when me and mom were out shopping, we got looking at tree toppers... Angels in particular caught my eye. No one gets them right... and thats why I don't like them. Their faces are wrong, and so are their wings, and they aren't doing the right things with their hands. So today, I picked a random Worship CD, and it had this song, Angels fall down, these are the lyrics:
I saw angels fall down
At the glory of the Lord
And as I raise my hands I see

I saw angels fall down
At the glory of the Lord
And as I hit the ground I see

And I fall down
Afraid and shaking here
And I fall down
Perfectly safe in you

I saw angels fall down
At the glory of the Lord
The hurt and the broken find rest here

I saw angels fall down
At the beauty of the Lord
And as I kneeled I cried to know him

And I fall down
Afraid and shaking here
And I fall downPerfectly safe in you
I'm perfectly safe in youI
'm perfectly safe in you

And it was just like BAM, Angles fall down at the beauty of God, in his glory they fall down, and we, humans, cringe simply at the sight of an angel... how great is the glory of God? I dunno, but I'm sort of scared to find out.
I've been learning how to fear God. and its so interesting. I love sitting att he foot of God, and wonder at his existance. I love the God that he is. I love the simple existance of him, and how a child can just believe that he is there- no questions asked. I love that.
I love that his angels, in all their glorious splendor, fall down at his glory. That they are equipped with not only 2 but 6 wings, with 2 for the soul pourpose to covor their faces, 2 to cover thier feet, and then another 2 to fly with. That they are all men in the Bible. And that they seem to glow with the glory of God.
How do I wish to glow with the Glory of God!! how magnificant would that be? mmm, I would love that.
I love that Jesus is the LOVER OF MY SOUL. and how much more romantic can that get? I don't know, but I love it!

OH! the cleaverness of you!
Laurel

1 Comments:

At 5:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey i love that song, thanks, ive been meaning to find out the lyrics for ages :) good on you for talking about angles, you rock! go hard. hey and btw do you know who sang that song?
could you email the band name to me please?
nick_4554@yahoo.co.nz
cheers,
Nick (not a creepy 23 year old, lol, rather a normal 17 year old :))

 

Post a Comment

<< Home