Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Words

how many convorsations do you go into in a day without knowing where that other person is comming from? without knowing their story? how much of what you say blindly and silently kills someone on the inside?
we are so ignorant to the thoughts and lives of everyone around us. Sometimes we think we know whats going on... but how often do we really? how many times do we guess whats going on, and in order to clarify, we share our ideas with other people? then, creating gossip? How much do our words hurt someone? how many of them lift someone up? how often is our laughter hurtful?
I was reading in Corinthians today, and it said
Those who are crying should live as if they were not crying. Those who are happy should life as if they were not happy. .... Because this world in its present form will soon be gone.
That got me. I dunno. So often we worry about our emotions, and whats going on in our lives. Should we really care if people know where we are at? I Don't know... if we don't live as though we were happy or crying, then how should we live? should we live as if each moment were our last? yes. I think so, becuase it says that thsi world will soon be gone. This moment, this moment that sucks, will be gone. The next moment that I'm happy will be gone. The parts that make my life hell,... will be gone, and all that will be left is me and Jesus, standing in his glory.
The next part, that typically comes in all of this is 'and who will be standing with you?' I hate that. I hate those missionary sermons. those ones that inspire you to go out into the world and get everyone you meet saved. I have a problem. I prefer to live by eample... and hopefully someone will see that I have something they don't. That there is something behind my crying, or happiness... that there is a joy, a freedom that comes with me where ever I go.

I love to think that in every moment I can find Jesus. I can find a lesson he is teaching me. I love the fact that I'm learning to Fall in love with Jesus again for the millionth time. and I love that I love it. I love the feeling that it brings.

I'm wishing to fly away with you
Laurel

1 Comments:

At 8:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

laurel...you get a little bit more amazing each day. i love how your blogs are actually meaningful.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home