Thursday, September 29, 2005

Dooms Day

As of this very moment, only Me and my mom know. Jeremy Doesn't know, Nathan doesn't know, and My Dad doesn't even know. I know that out there in the world of internet and such, I have a few people praying for my Dad, and I really apreciate those prayers. But I just, plead for all of you to pray for him right now.
10 minutes ago my mom hung up the phone from talking to a nurse at the hospital... Dad goes in for a triple bypass surgery on tuesday. he goes in on monday, and spends around a week there. yeah. hello. in and out, in and out. Remember to breathe. I can't even think right now. Jeremy won't get to see Dad before he goes in. Jeremy comes home on Tuesday, Mark on Wednesday. I don't have to go to school on Tuesday.
This is surreal. Dad is gonna have his chest ripped open. Sure, this is a highly developed, and perfected operation, but still, the risks are there. triple. thats like all of your arteries. what happens is one messes up? can you bleed to death on the inside?
Mom says that we will only get one presant this year for christmas, in a tone like she is sorry. A perfect christmas this year would be to have dad healthy (er), and Jeremy home. thats all I want for christmas. Everything else seems pointless.
All I can think of right now is Dwayne Harms. In so many ways he was just like my dad. The last time My dad saw Dwayne was when they were both out for a run (not together), and Dad had to slow down to a walk, and Dwayne passed him running. you need to know that my dad NEVER walks when he's running. NEVER. Funny how Dwayne Died.
Sorry to be morbid. this is what I'm thinking right now.
I'd really appreciate a phone call tonight... just to talk about anything but this. or something like that, maybe get out of the house. I dunno. Maybe I won'tt want that. Maybe tonight I'll go for a walk with dad. I dunno.
Laurel

2 Comments:

At 2:21 PM, Blogger christine said...

Laurel, I'm praying...

 
At 7:58 PM, Blogger steph said...

Me too man. Im here for you 100% and I dont want you to forget that. I have a car. I can make my way into the city anytime.

i love yah hun. im praying for your family

 

Post a Comment

<< Home