Saturday, September 10, 2005

Another Rainy day.

I promised mom, that the next rainy day Iwould bake chocolate chunk cookies with the chocolate we got from Ghana. Well... its been like a week since we last made cookies, so that didn't work so good, so, today I made pie. Saskatoon Berry Pie, that is. mmmmmmm. its my favorie. I talked to Jeremy today, and even tho it was on msn, with my ENTIRE family gathered around, I still enjoyed it. that made me happy. and I am listening to this band, with some mad piano interlouds in this one song, and that makes me happy. Tonight mom and I are watching Raise Your voice. thats happy too. For a rainy day, today is really good. I love it when it rains. I love the smell of rain, and how everything feels clean after it rains. I cleaned my room today. thats like.... the first time since last time. wow. does that ever sound dumb. ok, so the first time in a........ long time. like, 3 weeks. ok, only a week and a half, but still. it was a dump. you have no idea. and Istill have to clean my desk. but that is a huge task that I am not quite prepaired to endure. I'm excited for tommorow, but I dont' know why. I dont' know why I am telling you all of this... cuz I'm sure you don't really care. actually I know you don't care.
So, there is this friendship that has started to grow, and sure, its based on the internet, but its a good relationship. we've been friends for like a year, but we are starting to learn REAL things about each other, and I love it. I love that we can be friends.
I love friends! I love all of my friends! sure... I'm not the most popular girl at school, but the friends I have are REAL, and they will last after high school. and I love that! I love thinking about friends. cuz then you remember all the dumb things you do together.
like when nikki and I sat on the hill in the park and watched kids fide down the hill in a wagon. or when I walked her home one day, and we were doing this dumb walk thing, and then Zach comes along, and sees us.... how embarassing, but not as embarassing as when we were caught singing Michael Jackson in public, without any music. or then there was YC sask with Ashley, "anybody wanna go to ding dong's?" or Dan's east Indian accent! Or when I changed in the Value Village Isle, and she covered for me. When Ashley, Zach, Graham and I went to see the fireworks, and ran back to the car! All of the Autumn tides concerts! hm... and thats only the surface. "Lets make like a tree and Run!" ...and so we (Ashley, Zach and I) run to graham's house. How about all of the deep convorsations? about youth, about church, about school, about life in general. Talking about the things that actually matter, and the ones that really make no difference. What about all the movies watched? and replayed, and then mocked "Billy, I luf you!" "Mamma Mia, eh, Paulo!". What about the bible verses shared. and then descussed.
I can hardly believe that this is my last year. I mean, I can't wait for it to be over. But, when I think of all the memories I have, and all the ones that will be made.... I feel, almost, I don't know. But I like it. I like today. I like who I am, who I am becoming. I like that I dont' know what I'm doing with my life. I like God's role in my life. I'm excited to see what he has in store for me!
Laurel

2 Comments:

At 3:06 PM, Blogger zachary said...

Hey...
WAy to bring up those good times. and that they were. ... I have no lcue what to say. Im the worst at this. so
lol..
Im stoked to here that you can cook. You should invite me over for some pie sometime and we'll listen to some rita mcniel. it'll be a grand ol' time.

But yea. im going to make like a tree.

ZACH ZACHARSON

 
At 8:03 PM, Blogger Dan King said...

Laurel ...

Just found your blog ... and you slam my East Indian accent!?! Nuts!

You owe me lunch or something nifty now ...

::danKing::

 

Post a Comment

<< Home