Monday, May 29, 2006

Techno Geek

Today I started seriously talking with my parents, and looking online, at the technology that I will be looking into buying for england. we have decided that without a doubt, that I will want/need a digital camera. I'm also looking at getting an iPod, but just recently, I have decided that perhaps I will want to purchase a laptop instead, because I believe it could serve me more efficiantly than an ipod. Not only could it store my music the same as an ipod (although less trendy and much larger), it would store my pictures, and allow me to type up my assignments where ever I wish. however, I would not be able to hook up to the wireless internet, because of security issues at the school. I may however be able to find a small coffee shop, or more likely, a Pub, that has wireless internet that I could hook up to.
I dunno, I think spendng the extra money on a laptop instead of an iPod is sounding really profitable. I guess then I'd look like a spoiled rich kid at school, but hey, I would have bought it with my own money, and this would be MY laptop. and then I'd get one of those cheep $50 mp3 players to just have music for whenever, holds like 20 songs or whatever. I guess the only downfall to that is that I won't have music over my 3 week christmas break, but whatever, I'm over it.

And, if you havent' found it yet, I have started a new blog, all about my trip over to England, the url is www.fromheretotherewithlaurel.blogspot.com check it out if you wanna.

anyways, have a good afternoon.
xox,
Laurel

4 Comments:

At 11:14 AM, Blogger Marionette said...

Important question: would you be buying the laptop before or after you get to England?

British electricity comes in a different flavour from what you might be used to, so you will need some kind of power adaptor for one of the locations. But which one?

And no, you probably won't find a wireless internet connection in a pub. But we do have these newfangled things called internet cafes.

 
At 8:38 AM, Blogger Laurel said...

by the way, the url for my blog is wrong, its www.heretotherewithlaurel.blogspot.com sorry about the inconvienience!

 
At 1:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very best site. Keep working. Will return in the near future.
»

 
At 12:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm impressed with your site, very nice graphics!
»

 

Post a Comment

<< Home