Sunday, October 23, 2005

Suck it up Buttercup

ok, so last night, I didn't sleep at all. finally, at 5 in the morning, I got up, took some advil, and got an ice pack for my face. it took me that long to figure out that my face was keeping me from sleeping. Then, I woke up at 10:45, because I was SO stuffed up, and couldn't breathe. So, I got up, and realized that my face was (and still is) huge, therefore, making me unable to eat (aka chew). So I moped around till 12:30, when mom and I went to go get me a booster juice, and some milk.
at the grocery store, we saw one of the soccer moms (her son played soccer with Jeremy since who knows when, creating a bond between our mothers). So, they talked about their kids, what we were doing this year yadda yadda yadda, adn eventually the convorsation turned to the fact that dad had quad bypass this month. and This lady was SO understanding, and said something like 'wow, so you've had a really tough year this year, hey?' and mom was kinda like 'not really', and she was like 'yeah'. and I could see that she really cared that this month sucked for mom, and encouraged her, Like this was one of the worst things you could go through. eventually the convorsation ended, and we got the milk, and left the store. That was when mom told me that this lady's Husband had died, he got electrocuted while working, and thier kids were not old at all. Wow. That blew me away. even tho what she had gone through was so terrible, so incomprehensible, she still cared for what my mom was going thro, and wasn't like 'well, my husband died, so just suck it up, it could be worse." no. she cared. she put herself aside and cared for my mom.
there is always something worse. but whoever that one person that's got it the worst, always seems to be the most understanding? why is that? why is it that I mope about my not being able to chew, and being hungry, when there are children out there starving to death. literally. So often we loose sight of whats really important, of what really matters, and turn the focus on ourselves. I don't think life is supposed to be like that. I think we are supposed to help others, no matter what our circumstances are, even if we have less problems than someone else, or maybe more, I think we are supposed to love on them.
I don't know. thats what I've been thinking about today.
Laurel

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home