Monday, October 10, 2005

So there you are and here I stand

Know what I was thinking today? I spend WAY too much time wallowing in self pity about the fact that I'm gonna be 18, maybe 19 by the time I date a boy. That I have never had a boy hold my hand, or write me poems. I've never caught a boy staring at me, or talking to his friends about me. But guess what? God SINGS praises over me, me holds me in his ARMS, and he spent so much time creating me that he thinks I am gorgeous. Sometimes I forget that God Loves me so so much. And I love thinking about it.
The other night, when I was talking to Matt, he said something that really caught me off guard. He said something about not spending so much time worrying about what he was doing with his life, or where he was going, or God's plan for his life, but foccusing more on knowing God, knowing the Character of God, and learning Faithfulness. How profound is that?
So many times I loose my focus. You know that anylegy about life is a race, and we are running towards God? I think I have running ADD or something. I end up foccusing on a boy. or some friendship that isn't working. or my lonerism. or my family. Thats all in God's plan. I just need to keep on running towards god.

Laurel

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home