Saturday, March 25, 2006

Last Night's Dream

I am sitting in class, and I don't know what happens, but we realise that the school is on fire. And its spreading fast. So we all run outside. But I realise that there are people INSIDE the school, refusing to believe that the school is on fire. And the ones that do, think that they have to climb out onto the roof and jump to the ground, and are afraid to make that jump. So I run back into the school, and start telling them, one by one that 'its on fire. you gotta believe me! if you dont' get out SOON you will die!' and a few believe me. but most ignore me. So I start going up to the groups, and telling them that they are going to die. that all they have to do is walk out the double doors labelled 'Exit' and walk UP a set of stairs, and they will be saved. that its that simple. but they still don't believe me. Then I notice the teacher's desk. And there is a Man sitting there, marking papers. so I go up and start to climb on his desk, and ask him for his whistle, and he's like 'sure, of course! are you gonna get these kids out of the fire? becasue they are going to die. I don't know why they don't realise that if they stay here they will die' So I climb up and stand on his desk, and whistle real loud. and most EVERYONE turns to listen, so I tell them 'you HAVE to get out. you need to. (I start to cry) because if you don't, you WILL die. and I can't stand that. you need to just get out. just go out those doors, if not for yourself, then for me. just go." and everyone exept a few kids pile out of the doors. and by now we are completely surrounded by fire. and there are soem kids that didn't make it out in time. so there is 20 of us, including the teacher man. And I don't know what to do now.Because there is nothing I can do. so I look at the man, and ask him if its ok to pray. (but the kids are all stoked to die. they all want to be burned. they don't care.) and he skeptically says yes. so I start to pray 'God! I Praise and thank you for the life you have given me to live, and serve you. I don't know what to do! Fill us up. cover us with your PEACE! fill us with your LOVE! Give us TRUST! I can't do anything now! you are in control! this fire is yours! I give it to you' and it starts to rain. pouring rain. but I continue to pray. 'YES God! send your rain! I praise you for this rain! I praise you for our lives! I thank you for the rain! pour it out! pour out your love!' and as I pray, the fire is put out. and the kids that wanted ot die, start crying. start saying that they don't want to die. that they want to live life the way they were supposed to. And This teacher guy comes and just hugs me. and says thank you. and he just wraps his arms around me, and my head rests on his chest. and he just holds me. and I start to cry. and he just keeps on afirming me. and thanking me. and telling me that I did such a good job.
But I didn't do anything. God did.

5 Comments:

At 3:01 PM, Blogger steph said...

that is so cool. that has huge symbolyzim. love it

 
At 3:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

amazing...quite the analogy you had.I love it!

 
At 6:19 PM, Blogger Dan King said...

laurel ...

why do you think that you had the dream?

::dan::

 
At 9:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love this so much. I don't really want to leave my name, but I swear I'm not some internet creep. What a crazy dream. I randomly found it and it meant so much to be. There are BIG things in store for you.

 
At 8:15 AM, Blogger Laurel said...

anonomous....I would really like to chat with you about the signifigance this had for you. I am not sure if you are comfortable with me knowing who you are, or weather it is everyone else in the internet world, but if you are comfortable with me, please, email me or add me to msn, my addy is jesusfish717@hotmail.com.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home