Monday, February 06, 2006

A Life Worth Living -part 2

This weekend, I did alot of sitting, alot of nothing, and alot of talking. Thats the best thing about sitting at a booth all day, people know that you are there, and if you smile at them the first time they walk by, the next time they might stop to talk. And sure, I didn't talk to them ALL about 24-7, because that doesn't accomplish the same thing as learning about them, letting them know that they matter, and that you are willing to take time out of your day to just talk. I didn't talk to alot of random youth, because our table draws alot of the older crowd, wich is, truthfully, dissapointing. The youth we do draw, is for our buttons, and its so fun to see which ones they pick out, because sometimes just by looking at them, I have already picked out in my mind the buttons they will pick (I've looked at them all ALOT), and when they don't, its really humbling to know that people don't come in the box that you put them in, that they live life differently than you expect. This is way off topic from what I was going to tell you.
While sitting at my booth, I got to talk to the students that were working at the consession right beside me. And there was this one girl that worked there saturday morning, and she doesn't know it, but she really blessed me. She wore cloths that we all WISH we could wear, those really cool cloths from the vintage/ second hand stores that look unreal on the right person. Her hair was short, and looked like she woke up, got dressed and went to breakfast, which is what she probably did. And she sat at the consession all morning and colored with crayons in her coloring book. and she sucked on suckers all morning, and gave them away whenever someone came in. and she talked like she didn't care what peopel thought of her.. using those cliche catch phrases that you forget about... lines from movies that you only wish you could remember because they were SO good. She just lived life the way we all wish we lived life, the way I wish I was living life. Seeing someone do that just pushed me to live the way that I've always wanted to... and really not care abotu what other people think of me. and just live. I don't know, it was really encouraging.
I just think that I've started to live my life too much in theorys, and I need to just simply start doing what I say I'm going to do. It could, and will be so good... so refreshing. but it will take time, and I'm willing to wait.

have a good eveining,
may you live life to the fullest and never let rules stop you,
Laurel

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home